From the manufacturer
UL & ULC certification
Instant Pot has been designed with 10 safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
Safety without Compromise
Has Been Carefully Designed To Eliminate Many Common Errors Which May Cause Harm.
- 1. Pressure Regulator, ensures working pressure below the safety limit
- 2. Anti-Blockage Vent, prevents food debris from blocking the vent
- 3. Safety Lid Lock, prevents accidental opening of the cooker while it is pressurized
- 4. Designed with a sensor for lid position detection, monitors whether the lid is in an unsafe position for pressure cooking
- 5. Automatic temperature control, regulates temperature based on the type of program being selected
- 6. High Temperature monitoring, avoids burning food
- 7. Automatic Pressure Controller, keeps pressure always in the safe range
- 8. Electrical current and temperature fuse cuts off power if the current or internal temperature exceeds safety limits
- 9. Excess Pressure Protection, releases excess pressure into internal chamber in a dangerous situation
- 10. Smart detection of leaky lid (e.g. steam release is in the open position)